Job Search Assistance
Did You Know?
The Coastal Workforce Center can help you:
- Look for new employment & career opportunities (locally or nationally).
Use our computers to search for jobs in the SC
Virtual OneStop listings. For those who are still uncomfortable using a computer, we still have the good old hard copy listings of local job
- Browse the classified ads for jobs in, The Sun News, Florence Morning News, Charleston Post and The State Newspaper.
- Write or update your own resume using our Winway Resume software or make an appointment with our resume consultant – there’s no charge!
- File your unemployment insurance claim – you can also do this from home on our web site
- Practice your typing on our computers to improve your typing speed and accuracy.
- Use our FAX to send resumes or applications free!
- Are you in a career decision dilemma? Don’t know what type of work you want to do?
Take a self-assessment survey to find out what type of career you are best suited for.
- Get helpful hints in searching for a job, filling out the application and how to interview. We also included ways to cut your credit card bills!
- Use our video Library.
- Find out if you qualify for paid educational or training opportunities.
- Improve your computer skills in our free computer classes.
- Do you have a problem that is not employment related? Talk to one of our
DSS, VOC REHAB, HG Tech, CCU and many more.
Our staff will be happy to provide you with more information about any of these services.
Disability Program Navigator
The Disability Navigator Initiative helps people with disabilities navigate through the many challenges of seeking work. This initiative, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), serves to connect individuals with disabilities to the multiple services available within the One Stop Centers and community. There are ten Disability Program Navigators in the State of South Carolina located in Comprehensive
Department of Employment and Workforce One-Stops. We are capable of referring persons to Vocational Rehabilitation, A Benefits Payment Specialist, the Workforce Investment Act, and many other services.
The Disability Navigator will:
- Assist people with disabilities to access and navigate the complex programs that impact the ability to maintain, obtain or return to work.
- Develop linkages with employers to facilitate job placement.
- Conduct outreach to agencies that can assist persons with disabilities.
To find out more, please contact
Ashley Richardson at the Coastal Workforce Center,
(843) 234-9675, or stop by for
a visit <directions> and tour our office at 200-A Victory Lane, Conway, next door to
Horry-Georgetown Technical College.
Equal opportunity employer/program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
All voice telephone numbers may be reached using TTY/TDD equipment
via the South Carolina Relay services at 711.